The best hemp-derived CBD products begin with non-GMO crops grown using natural farming practices. Once plants are harvested, the cannabinoid-rich oils are extracted and refined. The highly concentrated plant extracts are then used to create a wide range of CBD-infused products. With so many options to choose from, many would-be CBD users find the selection process a bit intimidating.
Narrowing Your Options by Cannabinoid Content
Full Spectrum CBD
Full-spectrum plant extracts deliver all the cannabinoids, plant terpenes, and additional phytonutrients in the same ratios as the original plant source. That means the cannabinoid profile of full-spectrum CBD products will also reveal trace amounts of THC. Many CBD users believe full-spectrum products the most potent option because of the way each plant element contributes to the potency of the others in a phenomenon unique to cannabis known as the entourage effect. 2,3
Broad Spectrum CBD
Broad-spectrum hemp extracts contain many of the same plant terpenes, essential fatty acids, and other phytonutrients as full-spectrum CBD products. However, there’s one crucial difference in the cannabinoid profile. The THC is reduced to non-detectable levels during extraction and processing. Broad-spectrum CBD products are popular with CBD users intrigued by the potency-maximising potential of the entourage effect but prefer avoiding THC.4
Pure CBD Isolate
Considering Your Priorities and Preferences When Choosing Hemp-Derived CBD Products
Ease of Adjusting Serving Sizes
Convenience and Portability
Targeted Cannabinoid Delivery
The Fastest Rate of Absorption
Indulging in Enticing Flavours
Product Versatility and Options for Use
Selecting the CBD Products Best Suited to Your Lifestyle
- National Hemp Association. NHA. (2019 March 26) A List of the Different Cannabinoids Found in Hemp.
- Medical News Today. S Coelho. (2020 September 25) What is the Difference Between CBD Isolate and Full-Spectrum CBD?
- Project CBD. (2021) Terpenes and the “Entourage Effect.”
- Ministry of Hemp. R Railis. (2020 September 29) Broad Spectrum and Full Spectrum CBD.
- C/net Health and Wellness. D Kosecki. Edibles vs. Topicals vs. Vaping vs. Oil: CBD Products